Activities in Nuwara Eliya
First, the "walk along the tea estate" is a must for all visitors. You can watch the tea pluckers pick two leaves and a bud with deft hands. A "tea tour" is just 15 minutes away from Spring Acre, where you can see the care with which the leaves are dried and processed.
In addition, Nuwara Eliya offers many activities for visitors; including visits to tea plantations, golfing, horse riding, boating, hiking and of course exploring the beauty of the landscaped gardens, waterfalls and plateaus.
You can read more details of the following activities by clicking on them or selecting the options from the drop down menu:
- Tea Tours
- High altitude golfing
- Horse riding & horse races
- Boat rides and water sports on Lake Gregory
- Hiking, trekking and guided excursions
- Shopping in Nuwara Eliya
- White water rafting
- Hiking. Following hiking trails are available with the caretaker:
* Adams Peak (from Dalhousie - Nallathanni)
* Bambarakanda Falls (tallest waterfall)
* Horton Plains - Baker's Falls - Worlds End
* Horton Plains - Kirigalpoththa (2nd tallest mountain )
* Horton Plains - Thotupolakanda (3rd tallest mountain)
* Horton Plains (from Dayagama Estate)
* Horton Plains (from Kalupahana)
Click here to download hiking trails
You could speak to the caretaker if you need assistance in hiring transportation in Nuwara Eliya. Please note that hiking is at the risk of the guest.
If you would prefer a guided tour in Nuwara Eliya with the assistance of an expert naturalist, please check-out our guided excursions by clicking here.
Enter your destination below to get driving directions from Spring Acre
If the above information was useful or interesting, please consider clicking on the "Like" or "+1" buttons below